Workshop goals05 Apr 2016
This is what we expect to accomplish over the course of the workshop, so that by the end of the workshop, we’ve accomplished
- What are the learning goals for the students in each course module?
- What are the goals for creating blended learning?
- How will you document the process of the project? How will you keep track of the project?
- What deadlines are relevant to the project? (promotion of courses on campus, registrar’s catalog, student registration, etc.)
- Who will do what and by when?
- What help will be needed from instructional technologists, librarians, teaching assistants?
- What equipment, hardware, and software will be needed? How will it be acquired?
Media and hosting
- What media will be used in developing course materials?
- What design elements are important in creating the content for learning?
- Where will the modules be hosted (platform and location)?
- What are the assessment mechanisms for …
- Formative - so that members can make needed adjustments mid-semester/mid-creation of modules
- Summative - assessment to answer the question “Why use blended learning?”
- Summative - broader goals (NSSE questions adapted)
- What specific steps are included in creating ADA/508c compliant materials (will depend on media used)
- Universal design, designing for re-usability
- What is needed to maintain the project long-term (e.g., storage, maintaining user interface)? Who will help maintain it?
- What are the tasks for faculty vs. support staff (e.g., updating materials/format as software/platforms are upgraded, periodic useability testing)?
- How will materials be available to other schools in the network for use?
- How will lessons learned and best/worst practices be disseminated in the network? And beyond the network?
- What will be the final product of the project–article, blog post, video, syllabi, etc.?